Talk, Eat, & Swim Sunday Afternoon|
On Violence and Human Nature Sept. 26, 2010 4:00 - 6:00 pm
REFLECTIONS On Violence & Human Nature September 26th, 2010
Are we rationalists and "free thinkers" able to consider peace, war and violence in radically new ways?
Let us reflect on the following questions calmly, seriously, and with absolute freedom of thought:
• Are human beings naturally violent?
• What is hatred? What are its sources?
• How can love overcome the power of hatred?
• How does nonviolence overcome the power of violence?
• How can we prove that unconditional love makes us psychologically healthy
& that hatred, just like an illness, occurs when something has gone wrong?
• How does violence against the natural world relate to violence between human
Join us at Aleta & Carl Ledendecker's home, 2123 Stonybrook Road, Louisville, TN 37777, for this lively dialogue. Bring your swimsuites for a dip in the pool after the meeting. Call 982.8687 for directions.
Posted by schadwick
Sept. 24, 2010