Volunteer to Lead Book Discussion|
If you recommended one of the books (below) for our Skeptic Book Club, please contact John McCaffrey (865-414-6998 or firstname.lastname@example.org) and inform him of the dates you would be available to lead the discussion of your book.
The next round of books for our RET Skeptic Book Club has been determined.
The six books selected by members for the upcoming September - February period are as listed below. These have not yet been assigned to a date (except the first one) however we will be assigning dates shortly.
1. September's book will be "The World is Flat" by Thomas Friedman
Also selected (20 people voted):
2. Economics as religion, by Robert Nelson
3. God is not great, Christopher Hitchens
4. Stumbling on Happiness, Daniel Gilbert
5. Atheist Universe, David Mills
6. Wisdom of Crowds, James Surowiecki
For those of you who suggested a "winning" book, please respond with your availability.
11 NOVEMBER *** - THIS NOVEMBER DATE MAY BE VOIDED FOR A SPECIAL EVENT *** PENDING ***
09 MARCH (if needed)
Thanks as always for your participation, and we look forward to seeing you at Barnes & Noble.
Posted by pking
Aug. 23, 2007