If volunteerism is any indication, adults enjoy Camp Quest as much as kids do. Humanists and friends throughout
the region have volunteered to lead workshops in science, communication, philosophy, photography, yoga, tree
species identification, and much more.
We have several positions where you can volunteer.
Residential counselors arrive at camp the day before the campers for training and orientation and live
at camp the whole week. They organize and conduct the program activities.
- Hiking, swimming, canoeing, nature studies and campfire.
- Arts, crafts, and science-related activities.
- Group games and cooperation to build community.
- Philosophical discussion, critical thinking, reason and compassion.
Leadership qualities include,
- Behavioral counseling and conflict resolution.
- Organize, participate in and lead camper activities.
- Demonstrate Camp principles through personal behavior.
Day counselors come for a day at a time. They may come to conduct special activities, or to assist the residential
counselors as needed.
Volunteers are needed for camp organization and planning. Some needs are,
The 2014 session will be held from July 27 through August 2. Staff arrives a day early for orientation and planning.
As you consider volunteering, please keep these dates
in mind. Also note that you will be responsible for getting to the camp (or at least to the nearby airport) and
that, while you will receive ample recompense in the form of a great experience for your hard work, there is no
financial remuneration for staffers.
- Promotion and publicity
- Staff recruitment
- Program planning
- Finance and fundraising